Los Angeles Virus Surge Leeds County Closed for Nearly All Gathering

SACRAMENTO – Los Angeles County Public Health Department called residents on Friday Stay at home As the virus continues its rapid boom, preventing both gatherings in public at private homes if people are from different homes.

The restrictions announced on Friday were not unexpected. Officials in Los Angeles County have gradually tightened health restrictions, though not yet closed to levels early in the epidemic.

The county set an average of 4,500 daily restrictions over five days. That limit was exceeded earlier than expected: the five-day average of new cases reported on Friday was 4,751.

The directive allows for church services and protests, noting that both are constitutionally protected rights. It sets the maximum occupancy rate for various businesses, including nonresidential retail, library, and recreational activities, and a countywide prohibition applies to an individual’s meals in restaurants and bars because patrons cannot wear a face mask while eating or drinking. Huh.

Takeout and delivery services for dining establishments, however, will still be allowed.

The directive is no less severe than Gavin Newsom’s statewide order in March that closed schools and most businesses and had limited mass movements, with exceptions for essential activities such as obtaining necessary workers or grocery and medicines.

Director of Public Health Barbara Ferrer said, “We know that we are asking so much from so many people who have been giving up for months.” If we want to stop this boom, it is necessary to work with collective urge right now.

The temporary order will take effect from Monday and will continue till December 20.

For businesses that stay open, patrons must wear a face mask and stay at least six feet apart.

Schools and day camps may be open as instructed. However, day camps as well as schools at the high school level and below have to be closed for two weeks if they report an outbreak, which the county has defined as three or more cases in 14 days.

Last week, California officials made an announcement Injunction Almost all the residents of the state are prohibited from leaving their homes for non-workable work or gathering from 10 am to 5 am.

new Order to stay at home Was described as more limited than the Governor’s spring order; In addition to applying only overnight, it has a built-in expiration date for now, and applies only to so-called purple tier counties, which are under the state’s most stringent restrictions in its reopening plan. It is in force till the morning of 21 December.

“We’re ringing the alarm,” the government said as Gavin Newsom order was issued. He said, ‘It is important that we reduce transmission and slow hospitalization before death count surges. We have done this before and we will have to do it again. “

On Sunday, the county Was released Most restaurants, starting Wednesday, as well as orders to end eating indoors, drive out businesses, limit drive-through and delivery services, and spark a backlash among restaurant owners whose The business has been slammed.

Sean Hubler reported from Sacramento and John Ismay reported from Arlington, Va.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *